Are you having trouble to set up a Linksys router and configure it? or you have set up the router but are unable to configure it.
In this article, I am going to tell you how to setup a Linksys router with the cable and configure it.
Tips: If you are not sure then contact your Internet Service provider.
Steps are given below which you need to follow to setup your router.
- Verifying the internet connection.
- Connecting device together.
- checking the router’s LEDs
- Configuring a Linksys router for cable internet connection.
Note: To reconfigure, reset the default setting. Press and hold the reset button for 10 sec.
To verify the internet connection is active:
Connect your computer to the router using an ethernet cable, your computer is accessing the internet connection then next remaining steps act on.
To connect the devices together
- Connect the Cable modem to the router’s WAN or Internet port.
- Connect your computer to any router’s ports with Ethernet cable.
- Connect the power adapter to your router to the power outlet.
Let’s move on Configuration side
To Configure a Linksys router for cable internet connection.
- Access the router’s web-based setup page. Open any web browser and enter “192.168.1.1” in the address bar then press enter button.
- Credential windows displays: Username and Password
- Leave the username field blank, type Admin in the password field and enter.
- On the Setup tab, click MAC Address Clone.
- Select Enabled then click on Clone My PC’s MAC.
- Click on Save button.
Thanks for reading.
Related article: How To Setup Linksys Wireless Router In 5 Min