How to Access a Linksys Router
You are going to access the Linksys router; first, you need to gain access to the device’s web interface. It has different tasks can be performed for different roles such as applying firmware updates, changing firewall and network security settings, and switching between dynamic and static IP address. Here are given some steps. Just follow them.
To check a Linksys router’s default gateway For Window users
- Open the notepad and type cmd
- Go to command prompt
- Type “Ipconfig” into command screen and enter button
To Determine a Linksys Router’s default gateway for Mac OS X users
- Put your cursor on apple icon on the menu bar and select system preferences. The network menu will open. Select Internet & Wireless
- Click the advanced button in the network dialogue box and open The TCP/IP tab to view the network configuration settings. Record the default gateway address and exit the dialogue box. The default gateway has been set.
To Access a Linksys router via the web interface with the default gateway address
- Type the default gateway address into the internet browser’s address bar and press enter.
- The device’s web interface will be open
- Put the default username and password. The default username and password will be “admin”.
- In other cases may be “Administration”.
- Enter the device’s default username and password to access the router.
To reset the password on a Linksys router:
You can reset the router, use a paper clip to press and hold the recessed reset button. After 30 seconds, the password will be reset.
Is this article helpful for you?